Dramatic Monologues - MaleTop 5 Dramatic Monologues for Men (click link to view full content)
The monologues we provide on this site are free to use for teaching and education purposes. View our disclaimer here. Proper credit is given to authors and writers where applicable.
Note: You may see a brief ad from our sponsors before being directed to any monologue page. Thanks & enjoy!
1) Always Ridiculous - "Personal" "Most Urgent" "Senor Don Juan De Vargas." Of that there's no doubt--and it's the writing of Teresa. Come now, calm! Very calm! [Pause.] Now I'm beginning to see clearly--but at first--I felt a wave of blood--immense, without end, which suddenly mounted to my...
2) Agamemnon -
- Hail, joyous light of justice-bearing day!
- At length I can aver that God's supernal,
- Judges of men, look down on earthly woes,
- Beholding, in the Erinyes' woven robes,
- This man, thus prostrate, welcome sight to me,
- The wiles atoning compassed by his sire.
- For Atreus, Argos' ruler, this man's father,
- Did from the city and his home expel
- Thyestes, rival in the sovereignty,--
- My father, to be plain, and his own...
3) Before Dawn - My father was a boilermaster. We lived hard by the factory and our windows gave on the factory yard. I saw a good many things there. There was a workingman, for instance, who had worked in the factory for five years. He began to have a violent cough and to lose flesh . . . I recall how my father told us about the man at table. His name was...
4) The Big Scene - Mr. Herbot, I don't feel disposed to doubt your mood and, I take it, there is no question about mine. Don't let's go through a scene of high-sounding words. Mr. Herbot, we want, if possible--and to me it is possible--to talk like two men--no, let alone every vanity and every question of honor in the accepted sense, like two human beings. I ask you for...
5) Crime and Punishment - Well, so be it, I am a pig, but she is a lady! I have the semblance of a beast, but Katerina Ivanovna, my spouse is a person of education and an officers daughter. Granted, granted, I am a scoundrel, but she is a woman of a noble heart, full of sentiments, refined by education. And yet oh, if only she felt for me! Honoured sir, honoured sir, you know every man ought to have...
|More Top Monologues for Men...
Classical Monologues :: Funny Monologues
Male Monologues :: Movie Monologues
|More Categories for Males...
Movie Monologues for Men :: Comedic Monologues for Men
Classical Monologues for Men :: Shakespeare Monologues