Acting Resources >> Monologues >> Female Monologues >> Perhaps a Brother Monologue

Perhaps a Brother Monologue

Perhaps a Brother by Rachel
Character: Lacy
Age (range): 13-17
Style: Drama
Length: 2 minutes

Background Info: Lacy is sitting with a therapist trying to tell her about her eating disorder. No one knows. It is hard for her and she gets very emotional.

Monologue: My home life? It's okay. I guess most people would think my family's a happy little family. And well I guess... they are. I act like a part of this happy little family. But on the inside I'm screaming trying to get out. My parents just don't get. All they do is scream and shout at me yell and yell even louder. It's like their anger comes out on me...

(beat)

...this is hard. I've never told anyone about this before. I'm like any other girl. Afraid she's not skinny or prettier enough. So I eat a healthy breakfast, lunch, dinner... but, it's not like it stays in me for very long. My parents don't get it because they don't know. They don't know that after every single meal I eat... my head ends up in the toilet and my finger down my throat. They don't see it because they don't care. Sometimes I think they would have been better off with another son. At least then he wouldn't have some dumb ass eating disorder.