Enter Your Name: and Email:
Acting Resources >> Monologues >> Female Monologues >> Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon Monologue

Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon Monologue

Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon by D.D. Brooke
Character: Junie Moon
Age (range): 20s-40s
Style: Drama
Length: 3 minutes

Like Our Site?

Then please be sure to "Like" us.

You can also "+1" us!

Thanks for your support!

Background Info: Junie is talking to Arthur, who has just professed his love for her. It is somewhat casual.

You're asking me to react to how you feel, and how in the world could I do that? Me? I haven't loved anybody in a long time. I've gotten rusty and forgetful, among other things. In the past when somebody said they loved me, I felt obligated to love them back. I succeeded, too... without trying too hard. Do you think that was insincere of me? I never really believed them anyway. They went on and on as if they were reading the directions on how to put together a model airplane. They sounded logical, too, if you bothered to listen.

Mostly, the formula was the same. They hadn't expected to fall in love, but, lo and behold, there they were and if I would only do this or that, their miserable lives would be complete. So I would do this or that and then the fun would die down and we'd be left with each other, which was, of course, the difficult part. Once I went out with a man named Stanley Adams. He came from Tulsa, Oklahoma, and traveled the country getting jobs and quitting them. He had bad teeth.

One day, Stanley Adams said, "Junie Moon, I never thought I'd say this, but I love you." Now what kind of beginning is that, I ask you? He was miserable in other ways. At dances when the music began, he'd rise and wave his hand in circles, indicating I suppose the intricacies of the waltz, and say, "How about it?" Never, "Shall we dance?" Just "How about it?" Are you jealous of Stanley Adams? don't be. Besides bad teeth, he had dandruff which extended out of his hairline to the tops of his ears.

<< previous monologue:
Matter over Mind Monologue
next monologue: >>
Laughs Last Monologue
Quick Links:
Monlogues for Women :: Monologues for Men :: Monologue Tips :: Monologues